Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Girl Reading a Letter

I'm doing my post based on this picture


“Mary”, the name I have given the name of the woman in the picture, reads a note from her now ex boyfriend, John, also a made up name.  Last night she met John at a social gathering at a restaurant for the first time.  There at the event they connected really well, so they decided to go back to John’s five story high apartment.  Now we can all probably guess what happened in the apartment based on the very wrinkled condition of the sheets.  For the first time since Mary’s cat Mittens died, she felt like someone actually cared about her.  She felt like this man might be “the one”.  When Mary woke up in the morning instead of seeing John’s handsome face smiling at her, she only found a note and a bowl of fruit.  So she got up, got her clothes from John’s manservant Barry, dressed, then picked up the note and began to read.  The note went like this.

“Dear Maria… erm, Mary,
            Although we had a great time last night, I don’t feel like there is any connection between you and me.  What happened was a mistake, and to be honest Marina… so sorry, Mary, anyway, I had way too much wine, and I actually forgot I was married to a very beautiful wife who I love now just as much as the day I married her.  There is nothing special I see in you.  I’m sure your special someone is out there waiting for you to find him, I just have to tell you that he is not I.  My wife will be returning shortly, and I hope for the good of both of us that you will exit my apartment the moment you finish reading this.  Good bye forever Meredith... I mean Mary.

Sincerely,
John

P.S.  Please don’t eat the fruit, it is for my wife”

This was far too much for Mary to handle, so she dropped the note to the ground for John’s soon to be ex wife to find.  Then she crept slowly to the window, climbed onto the open windowsill, and yelled I’m coming Mittens!  And brought her cold dark loveless life to an end.  Not a single person cried after the thud of Mary hitting the ground five stories below.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment